Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spirit

I have felt the Spirit so strongly today. It was such a peaceful feeling. Something that I have been missing in my life. Something that I have NEEDED in my life. I know that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that I have been blessed with specific trials for me because I was the one prepared for them. This is the time when I always think of that picture that has the Christ and the quote...
"I never said it would be easy...I only said that it would be worth it." I have been blessed with this opportunity to help find uplifting friends...friends that will help bring the Spirit back into my life. This is probably not something I would have done on my own. I get very good at hanging out in my comfort zone. It is soooo hard for me to talk to people I don't know...people that I do know but am not really "friends" with. One thing is for sure though...I can't talk to anyone that is going to make it hard for me to have the Spirit in my life. Nights are probably the worst. I start thinking about everything and it just spirals downward. No more thinking. This is a great opportunity I have. I have been forced out of my comfort zone where I have essentially noone. I can do this. I have no other choice. God has given us the gifts of the Spirit to allow us to be drawn more closely into His circle of love. My Father in Heaven loves me perfectly and wants to help me. I am His beloved child.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My dear Laura,

I think you're on to something here. :)

Courtney