Monday, September 15, 2008

FHE

Tonight was just a great night. I went to FHE with such a good attitude. I have hated going lately. It's my calling so I kind of have to go, but I have just hated going. I drive all the way downtown for like 2 people. Woo-hoo! BUT today I went with a much better attitude. I taught my little lesson...and let me just say that I was sooo excited about it because I turned out the lights. Then when we turned them back on we sang Lead Kindly Light. I just loved it!! I also loved the walk we went on afterwards. AMAZING!! Downtown is so pretty with all the lights reflecting off of the water. It was so much fun! Another exciting news is that Ashley has probably had her baby! I am sooo happy for her...plus I got her the most exciting gift in the whole world and I am excited to see her face. She won't be reading my blog so I guess it ok to say that I got her Flaming Hot Cheetos! 50 bags!!! I am so excited!!! With all of the bad days I have lately...it was just a relief to have today be one of the good ones. Actually a great one! Oh, and a good little quote that I read today is:

"The Divine Shepherd has a message of hope, strength, and deliverance for all. If there were no night, we would not appreciate the day, nor could we see the stars and the vastness of the heavens. We must partake of the bitter with the sweet. There is a divine purpose in the adversities we encounter every day. They prepare, they purge, they purify, and thus they bless."

(James E. Faust, "Refined in Our Trials," Ensign, Feb. 2006, 7)

Maybe this past week was just preparing me to see the beauty of this magnificent day. I might have missed it otherwise!

No comments: