Friday, July 4, 2008

Alcohol

Why does alcohol control everyone's life? It's all around us all the time. I hate it! I go out for a simple round of fireworks and my friends get drunk. I come home from fireworks and my brother has people over and they are all drinking...I'm not trying to go to jail! I don't want to be responsible for anyone else's actions! I don't drink! I hate when people around me drink! I don't want to have anything to do with it! Why do I put myself in these situations? I love my brother like there's no tomorrow...I just can't deal with the alcohol and drugs! Why can't he straighten up? They threaten jail and it doesn't even phase him. I want him to be good. I love him. He tells me I'm stupid and that nothing is going to happen...and that is why he has been arrested 7 times. He calls and says that in Marion county noone ever gets in trouble. Is that supposed to make me feel better? I'm sorry...it doesn't! I worry myself sick...I have tears streaming down my face...I feel nauseous. I want people to choose the right. I want people to believe in God. I try to live my life as an example, but he says that he just doesn't believe. How? I don't understand. My brother and I were raised in the same home. My parents don't drink or smoke or do drugs. How did he get himself into this mess? I want to help him, but he just doesn't want the help. This is so hard to watch...I feel like I have watched this perfectly good 14 year old boy go down a spiral for the last 5 years. I want for my brother to get his life on track. I want for things to be good for him. I want him to be happy. I love living with him. We talk every once and awhile and I live for that...I just can't deal with the alcohol and drugs in my house.

No comments: