Monday, February 1, 2010

Lots of Fun...

There has been a lot that has gone on with the baby the past month or so...Chrys felt the baby move for the very first time on 1/1/10. He was very excited to feel that tiny little kick! I don't remember when I first felt him move, but I do remember not being too sure if it was really him or just my belly! :) His movements are a little more defined now! I am still pretty much sick as ever...this is terrible! Let me also add that I am not a very nice sick person! I cry and I whine and I am not quite sure if it is my goal to make everyone else as miserable as me or what...but it happens! I got admitted to the hospital last Tuesday because I couldn't keep anything down for about 3 days. That was quite a joyous experience. I did learn that when you throw up jello; it comes back up as gelatin. That's pretty cool...huh?! Anyway, I got pumped full of IV fluids and IV nausea medicine and the little one got hooked to a monitor and then I went back to work. Then, at my appointment today my blood pressure was too high and there was protein in my urine. So the little one got hooked back up to the monitor and I got to have lots of blood work done. Seriously?! I am supposed to be young enough that this does not happen to me! I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. I am still able to work and my baby boy is still healthy...so all is well. I will be getting another ultrasound at my next appointment which just happens to be on my birthday. What a great birthday present...to get a sneak peak at my little boy! So the countdown is officially on...I have about 5 weeks left until his due date! The little one and I will be very closely monitored until then because I have a very high risk for toxemia and preeclampsia and stuff...but not too much longer!

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

you take care of yourself...pregnancy is exhausting..i understand, but sooner than later you will have your baby! I'm so excited for you and I hope everything else is going well!