Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beautiful Baby Boy

On February 8th I was sitting on my couch when around 11am I received a phone call. IT was th doctor that said some of my lab values were off and that she was going to admit me to the hospital for further observation until little Dylan was born. She asked me to meet her in her office at 1pm. I did so and we decided to check to see if I was dilated at all. I wasnt...but then I still had 4 1/2 weeks to go so no worries. She told me that we would probably atleast be waiting a couple of weeks to see how everything progressed. I had my grandpa and aunt marsha take me to the hospital since Chrys was at work. When I finally told Chrys that I was getting admitted he freaked out like always and left work and rushed up to the hospital. Everyone was freaking out over nothing. I was just getting locked up for a month or so in a pretty hospital room. Once I got settled; I kicked everyone out so I could work on homework and stuff. I rearranged the furniture the way I wanted it and spread out all of my homework, work stuff, and lap top on the desk in the back corner of the room. Then about 4 my nurse came in and said that I couldn't have anything to eat or drink. She wasn't sure exactl why but she said that normally that means that there is going to be a baby in the near future so that I might want to start acting more like a patient. I was just kind of confused and said ok. I finished what I was working on and then put my things away. I then called the nurse back into the room to see if I should call my family back...especially since Chrys had school that night. I didn't want to bother anyone (or have all those nervous Nellies back in my room) if it wasn't necessary. The nurse said that she wasn't sure but that the doctor would be back at 5pm and we should know more then. When the doctor arrived she told me that my liver function was failing and that she thinks it best that we do a c-section because there was too high of a risk of my blood pressure getting much worse if we tried to induce. I decided to be a good patient and say ok. She told me that we would plan on having the c-section around 7pm that very evening. What?! That certainly took me by suprise! I decided then that I should probably call my family back. I had to be calm for everyone else, but on the inside I was totally freaking out. There were problems with the spinal and I almost had to go under general anesthesia, but with the 4th try they finally got it. I was laying on the table when Chrys finally walked in and I just remember the tears pouring down my face. I was so scared! (I had watched Grey's Anatomy earlier that day when the lady woke up and felt her surgery) I kept asking Chrys if they had started cutting yet because I was terrified that I would feel it! I think I finally relaxed once he told me that they had started and I couldn't feel it. Little Dylan was born at 7:59 pm that Monday night. He weighed in at a whopping 5 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 inches long. My baby had premature lungs...just a little...and was taken to the NICU. I didn't get to see him until 2am...and even then I wasn't allowed to touch him. I just got to look through the little glass. The nurses said that he would be there for probably 4-6 weeks. I just said ok and was then taken back to my room. I crawled into my bed and cried and cried. All I wanted was a healthy baby and my little one was hooked up to a breathing machine. I was so sad! Little Dylan made a speedy recovery though and was released from the hospital that very Saturday. Each and every day I watched him get a little better and lose one tube after another. So instead of seeing my baby through ultrasound on my birthday; I got released from the hospital and I held Dylan in my arms. What a great day!

No comments: