Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gratitude

Work is stressful...I will definately say that. However, today was a magnificent day. A guy that I have been working with the past couple of weeks pulled me aside. He wheeled himself into the hall and said, "Hey little missy I want to talk to you for a couple of minutes." He wasn't even my patient today...but he wanted to talk to me. I went to his room.

He said,"I just wanted you to know that you have impacted my life. You have helped me in so many ways that you do not even know. You are such a sweet young lady and I wish you all the best in all of your future goals. Don't be afraid to go for what you want. You have a good head on your shoulders and I know that you will go far in this life. Thank you for all that you have done for me. You have helped me through one of the worst times of my life and I will be forever grateful to you for that. I hope to see you around."
It
He was going home today. I will miss him. To tell you the truth...we didn't even get along the first two days. He was just so demanding and seemingly ungrateful. Wow. That's all I can say. This is what I work for. I want to make a difference. Sometimes it is easy to walk through life not realizing what an impact we might have on anothers life.

Not everyone is as vocal with their gratitude as this gentleman, but although we may not hear it...I am sure that we are helping others. I also think of how this gentleman made my whole night better. I know that I need to make sure that I tell others when they help me. I am blessed by great people every single day. It really does help when people take the time to point out what a difference you are making.

We all help each other. We all need each other. When we work together; we have the potential to change the world.

No comments: