Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Light

So as I was reading my scriptures today I came across a quote. It is in reference to 1 Nephi 4:6..."And Iwas led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."

The quote is from Elder Boyd K. Packer. It says, "Shortly after I was called as a General Authority, I went to Elder Harold B. Lee for counsel. He listened very carefully to my problem and suggested that I see President David O. McKay. President McKay counseled me as to the direction I should go. I was very willing to be obedient but saw no way possible for me to do as he counseled me to do. I returned to Elder Lee and told him that I saw no way to move in the direction I was counseled to go. He said, "The trouble with you is that you want to see the end from the beginning." I repolied that I would like to see atleast a step or two ahead. Then came the lesson of a lifetime, "You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you."

How fitting. I don't need to know right now how it will turn out in the end. Things will be ok. I feel at peace after reading this. I know that my Savior lives and that He loves me. He will not expect me to do things alone. I can do this! I just need to walk a little more by faith.

No comments: